home home meet the teacher classroom shop freebie library

Chalkboard Classroom Reveal!


Finally! Crystal and I have spent so much time in each others classrooms working to get them ready.  School starts on Tuesday and we are finally finished!  It's been so many hours of hard work, but they are beautiful.  I'm excited to share hers with you.  I'll post mine in a few days. 

*LOTS OF PICTURES AHEAD*

Okay, I warned you.

Full Classroom View




 Crystal is going to be teaching grade 3 this year.  Her room is very much her style.  Clean lines.  Lots of primary colours.  Nothing cutesy.  Chalkboard.  I am very jealous of her large window.  She ordered the banner hanging in the window off Amazon.  We weren't expecting it to be so large.  It's seriously car lot banner.  Worked out well anyway.  It's hanging up with 3M clips.

Above the window is her word wall.  No words up yet.  You can also see her teacher area in the back.  She snagged the green chalkboard above her desk from a friend and turned it into a calendar.


View standing from the back.  You can see her chalkboards and a bit of her computer station.  She created her alphabet.  The pocket chart on the left has her schedule cards in it ready to go for the first day.  The chart on the right has her math and literacy station headers in it.  The schedule cards and station rotation cards can all be found in my TpT store.




 Literacy Area



This is her literacy board.  She has the CAFE headings up and ready to go.  She's also added chart paper to the board so that she can make and instantly display anchor charts.  The blank space is for a Good Writing poster I need to enlarge for her.

Boot Room Sign



 This is a Martha Stewart cork board from Staples.   Crystal busted into her stash and scrapbooked it up.  Looks awesome.

Supply Storage



Supply bins are from Really Good Stuff.  I've convinced her to go with group supplies like I do.  I hope she likes it.  Bins are stocked with markers, pencil crayons, scissors, and glue.


The grey Sterlite bins were stacked in the corner of her room where the reading corner now is.  They were PACKED full of manipulatives.  We pulled them all out, washed everything, and organized.  They are now safely seated on these shelves under her window.  

I love all the matching labels.  These are also Martha Stewart from Staples.  They are chalkboard, so you can just erase and rewrite if the contents changes.


Inside one bin.  Looks so pretty.  I love organization.

Reading Nook



Her reading corner.  I believe she has her eye on some red lawn chairs at Walmart to finish this off.  The "READ" letters are chipboard and covered in scrapbook paper.  The Dr. Seuss quote is cardstock and I cut it out on my Cricut.  These bins are also labeled with the erasable chalkboard Martha labels.



These foam clocks are from Michaels.  Crystal cut the headings out of cardstock on her Cricut.  I think these are great for grade 3 kids learning to tell time.  I find that there is so many digital things out there, it's becoming pretty difficult for kids to read analog.  Great reference!

Other Details




Have you filled a bucket today? This book is so popular!  We made this little nook in the corner of her room.  She is going to let her kids pin up bucket filling slips around the board.  The pieces are all cut out on the Cricut.  I created the clouds for her by cutting out several of the same cloud shape and gluing together.  They were initially going to hang from the ceiling, but they were a bit floppy for that.




Crystal's pencil wreath and handmade "Welcome" banner.  These are hanging just outside her classroom.  How welcoming!




And lastly, her hallway board.  This was completely Pinterest inspired.  People thought we were a crazy creating a board using velcro, hot glue and tin snips.  I say, they are the crazy ones for not doing one also.

Do you want to add the chalkboard theme to your classroom? Do this easily by picking up my chalkboard products today.   The image links to my mega bundle, but you can follow links from there to pick and choose individual items.

Chalkboard Mega Bundle from Fun in Fourth

Want more? I share some more of my chalkboard themed resources here as well.  Check it out.

Are you interested in even more bulletin board ideas? Do you want to save time by finding them all in one place? Follow the image or button below to grab your copy of my free bulletin board inspiration guide. 

Take me to the guide!



Pin this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment